Monday, April 16, 2012

RUNNING

I'm training for the Utah Valley Marathon on June 9 and I am so incredibly pumped!!! 

I love running...
Because it gives ME my own identity. I'm not just a mom. I'm a RUNNER.
Because people tell me I can't or shouldn't. Say those words, and you can guarantee I WILL.
Because it feels good.
Because even when it doesn't feel good, it feels good
afterwards.
Because I love the sweat.
Because I love the hills.
Because the best showers are post-run showers.
Because it's taught me to push myself.
Because I can push and explore my limits.
Because I sleep better and deeper at night.
Because it keeps sickness away.
Because it reduces stress.
Because it fills me with positive emotions.
Because running to music feels like dancing.
Because it's the one thing I know I can accomplish in a day.
Because it makes me feel unconquerable.
Because I could probably outrun any attacker.
Because it brings me back to childhood.
Because of the sprint to the end.
Because my kids are watching and learning. Savannah thinks she's a runner too.
Because it is fun.
Because races are addicting.
Because finish lines make me cry.
Because early-morning runs allow me to see the sunrise.
Because it gives me freedom.
Because no other exercise compares.
Because it's ME time.
Because monster mom becomes happy mom.
Because when I'm done, I feel like I can conquer the world.
Because I can.

Trevor was frustrated  because I was planning a long run which means he has to watch the girls for a long time, and he was trying to talk me out of going.  My friend was there listening to the conversation and said to Trevor, "telling Sarah she can't run is like caging a tiger".  Ha ha!  I love it!!

2 comments:

Abby said...

You are awesome Sarah!! No monster moms :)

Allison said...

LOVE this post!!!! Way to go amazing woman :)