Monday, May 21, 2012

IF YOU WANT A THING BAD ENOUGH

This is a quote I grew up listening to my Dad quote frequently.  I quote it to myself often while running.  I ran my last 20 miler before the race and I am PUMPED!

IF YOU WANT A THING BAD ENOUGH
If you want a thing bad enough
To go out and fight for it
Work day and night for it
Give up your time, your peace and your sleep for it,
If only a desire of it
Makes your arm strong enough
Never to tire of it
Makes you hold all things tawdry and cheap for it
If life seems empty and useless without it
And all that you scheme and you dream is about it
If gladly you sweat for it, fret for it, plan for it,
Lose all your terror of God and of man for it
If you'll simply go after the thing that you want
With all your capacity
Strength and sagacity
Faith, hope and confidence, stern pertinacity
If neither cold, or poverty, famished or gaunt,
Nor sickness nor pain
Of body and brain,
Can turn you away from the thing that you want
If dogged and grim you besiege and beset it
YOU'LL GET IT!!!!!

No comments: