Sunday, May 9, 2010

My First Mother's Day!

Words cannot even express how blessed I feel to be a mother today.  This posting may just be one big blob of emotions but I really wanted to express how I feel.  The last 3 Mother's Days have been so hard as we were trying to get pregnant but were unable. The first 2 Mother's Days I just made a fool out of myself at church by bawling my eyes out so the following Mother's Day I didn't even attempt to go to church. Hearing and watching the cute little primary children sing "Mother I love you.  Heavenly Father has sent me to you" and wondering why Heavenly Father has not sent one to you is so rough!  I know there are harder things.  And I know some people cannot ever have kids.  But I'm so grateful that I was able to go through what were a couple of the hardest years of my life, so that when I look at my beautiful healthy baby I realize how incredibly blessed I am!  There have been so many times when I've been playing with, singing to, feeding or rocking Savannah and I burst out into tears in gratitude towards my Heavenly Father for sending us this beautiful spirit to raise and take care of on this Earth.  Being a mother is even better than I ever dreamed it would be!

2 comments:

Lizi Bates said...

Awwww HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Heather Hutch said...

I realized that I never got back to you on facebook and I am sorry that I don't have a blog to share, but I should update you. First, I want to say HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!! I know you are the greatest Mother to that little girl and she is so lucky to have you!! I hope your day was wonderful and that your little family is loving life in Florida! PLEASE let me know when you're in town (if at all) this summer. I am living in Provo attending UVU and working on an elementary education degree. I live the single life and do not much else... LOVE YOU COUSIN and sorry this post is long!