Wednesday, February 22, 2012

THE GENETICIST


I wish I would've gotten pictures at the beginning of the day when we were excited and ready to get answers instead of the end of the day when we were tired and more frustrated than ever.  I realize now that I had my hopes set way to high for this day.  I was hoping that we would leave the appointment with some possibilities of what's going on with Tessa.  It was a 3.5 hour drive to the geneticist office and the whole way there Trevor and I were talking about how we would cope with the news.  Doctor appointments are really hard for me.  It brings all of the sadness that I'm trying to move past back to the surface.  We were really hoping for some kind of answer.  Anything really, good or bad.  We just want to get things figured out so we can move forward.  Basically the doctor is going to try to link her eye problems with the results from her MRI.  He's also going to verify that she has Ocular Albinism.  We will get the results in 2 months.

I have learned so much in the past 9 months that I am so grateful for.  I've been so humbled.  I have such a strong love for people with special needs.  I don't even know how to explain it.  I guess I just realize how much patience and devastating heartache the parents had while trying to do the best they can for their child.  It's helped me realize how incredibly special and sweet these children of God are.  I'm so nervous for the life that's to come for Tessa, but I know as long as Trevor and I stay close to the Lord everything will be ok.  I say this all the time, but I am so grateful to be Tessa's mom.  I feel blessed and so honored that Heavenly Father trusts me to teach, love and care for this special little girl.

1 comment:

Allison said...

What a sweet post. I can't imagine what you're going through! Tessa is lucky to have both of you as her parents. She's got some great things in store for her--think of how she's already changed you and those immediately around her!