Friday, September 26, 2008

Florida, here we come!!

I'm so excited I don't even know what to write! I think this whole post is going to be me rambling about how excited I am! A couple of months ago Trevor finished flight school and he sent his resume to a foreign military flight school in Florida. The requirements that they said they wanted were way more than what Trevor has right now. He just figured what the heck and sent it. They emailed Trevor in July telling him they needed a Spanish speaking flight instructor. Trevor finally had a phone interview with the guy in Spanish a couple of weeks ago. He really liked Trevor and said he would have his boss call Trevor. The guy called back and pretty much said his boss didn't want to talk to Trevor because he doesn't have enough flight hours. If Trevor wanted to, he could pay out of pocket to fly out there and have an interview, and if they decided to hire him they would reimburse him. We were so stressed! For food, hotel, flight, car rental and everything that's a couple thousand dollars that we don't have! We prayed about this job so much! I've never seen someone study so much! He would be in front of his books for 14 hours a day studying! Trevor flew out there yesterday and had an 8 hour flying interview in Spanish today! He did amazing! He got the job! He will be a spanish speaking military flight instructor. So he will be teaching the military from Ecuador, where he went on his mission! He met one of the students from Ecuador today. They started talking and found out they were both members. The guy was so excited to meet Trevor he took Trevor out to lunch! He couldn't be happier! He strarts October 6th. We feel so so incredibly blessed! We're so grateful to our families who fasted with us and prayed their hearts out for us! We love you so much! If anyone is ever in Orlando, give us a call!!

10 comments:

Sanders Family said...

That is so exciting, congrats!!

Celeste Caldwell said...

WOOHOO!! I am SOOO excited for you guys!! That is awesome!! So that means we can come party with you guys in Florida huh? Rock on!!

Travis S. Barnes said...

That's awesome! Congrats to you guys! I was hoping we might find an excuse to get together while you all were out here... Que les vaya bien!

Kristin said...

That sounds fantastic! huzzah!

Robyn said...

hey GIFF!!! did you notice on your friends list...i am one of three without an and... after my first name and then the name of someone else.....SAD!!! i guess i am entering the old maid age!

tricell and garret said...

I want you to know that dad has printed off pictures of florida to show everyone where you live and how close it is to the launch pad. He is so proud of you two. And we are all jealous!

Star said...

Congratulations guys! Trevor was talking about that at Patty's last month, and I was wondering how it turned out. I am so happy for you! I have a feeling you are going to have lots of visitors!
Hugs from us!

Alicia said...

iexvtwow that is so awesome for you guys! Foreign Military instructor!!! You guys amaze me! I am sad a bit I was still hoping for Vegas! :( But happy that things are finally working out for you two both!:) How was the move , living place, HURRICANES?!!! are you crazy?! Okay yes but make sure you have bomb shelter to hide in so I know you are save next Hurricane season.

Good luck with everything and CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Tyler and Kristen Owens said...

Did you make it there??? I am sure you are super busy with finding a place to live and moving... post pictures when you can. I think that we will wait to take our cousins picture until we can all get together, so let me know when you'll be in Utah:).

Georgi Family said...

oh my heck! We will be coming to visit for sure. Way to go trev! But you need to be sure to take time off next july for oregon! We totally miss you guys. Love ya tonz.